Tuesday, April 26, 2011

When the student is ready...

I have always heard that when the student is ready the teacher will appear. Little did I know that my teacher would be a 13 week Labradoodle named Farley.

For 5 years we have been puppy sitters for Canine Partners of the Rockies, a non-profit organization that raises puppies for people with mobility issues. I was asked by the Executive Director if I would like to socialize a puppy until they find a puppy raiser.

One sunny Saturday morning I went by their office to pick up Farley, as soon as I released him from his kennel - I knew instantly this puppy was here to teach me to lead with my heart. I instantly felt it. Farley has soul filled green eyes and a gentle kind heart.

I was able to spend 3 weeks with Farley and I was constantly reminded to lead with my heart. Going anywhere with him, he captured people's attention. I've heard that a new habit forms after 21 days. I would like to think that I am more heartfelt in my everyday life, at least I try to be. Thanks to my teacher, Farley the 13 week old labradoodle.

Farley is now a confident puppy (something we were able to teach him) and I am happy to say he is now with a wonderful raiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment